Treatment of Stage I Hypopharyngeal Cancer
For information about the treatments listed below, see the Treatment Option Overview section.
Treatment of stage I hypopharyngeal cancer may include the following:
- Laryngopharyngectomy and neck dissection with or without high-dose radiation therapy to the lymph nodes of the neck.
- Partial laryngopharyngectomy with or without high-dose radiation therapy to the lymph nodes on both sides of the neck.
Use our clinical trial search to find NCI-supported cancer clinical trials that are accepting patients. You can search for trials based on the type of cancer, the age of the patient, and where the trials are being done. General information about clinical trials is also available.
- General Information About Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Stages of Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Treatment Option Overview
- Treatment of Stage I Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage II Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage III Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Treatment of Stage IV Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Treatment of Recurrent and Metastatic Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- To Learn More About Hypopharyngeal Cancer
See Expert Resources
Specific Facts for Your Diagnosis
Learn about treatment options and managing side effects from experts. Start now!
Get Support on Your Cancer Journey
Connect with thousands of members with your diagnosis and learn from their experiences. Start now!